I’ve found what might be the most perfect slow cooker beef stroganoff recipe for busy/lazy people! I *heart* the slow cooker AKA CROCK POT, and while pretty much all crock pot recipes are easy, this one is hands down the most tasty lazy recipe I’ve ever made.
Now, it’s not exactly “clean” eating, but I ain’t got time for that 7x per week, so now and then, you get this!
2 pounds stew meat (I actually used 1.30 lbs because that’s the size it came in, and it was plenty)
2 brown gravy packets
1 1/2 cups water
1 onion, large dice
2 cups sliced mushrooms (I used cremini. I don’t even like mushrooms and these were perfect!)
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon butter
salt and pepper
1 large package of egg noodles
- Put 1 1/2 cups water in the slow cooker, add both gravy packets, and whisk until smooth.
- Salt and pepper stew meat.
- Add stew meat, onions and mushrooms to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Cook noodles per package directions, drain and toss with butter.
- Add sour cream to the meat mixture in your slow cooker and stir.
- Pour the stroganoff sauce over your noodles.