A big thing happened this week. I. Turned. Thirty. I know many women freak the bleep out when they turn 30, but I’m totally cool with it. I love my life, and turning 30 for me was just an excuse to have a great big party with everyone I love.
My day started out with gifts from my sweet husband. He bought me a massage pillow because I was drooling over them a few weeks earlier.
He also treated me to a few of my favorite things.
After the gifts, we started to prepare for my party. We had some friends over to eat, drink and watch the Vikings game.
We had a great spread, including Dr. Pepper pulled pork, spicy jalapeno slaw, meatballs, taco dip, jalapeno popper dip, limoncello cupcakes, red velvet cake cheese ball and more, but my most favorite recipe from the whole day was the Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix.
I die! I inhaled about 50 cups of this stuff. The recipe is a breeze, and it’s a fun and different party food. It’s easier to make than puppy chow and a million times more delicious. This coming from the girl with the one pound Reese’s on her kitchen table!
Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix
from Just Another Day in Paradise
9 cups rice Chex cereal
3 cups cinnamon chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pour Chex into a bowl and set aside
- Combine sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl. Divide sugar mixture into two gallon-size freezer bags. (You can estimate here.) Set aside.
- Pour cinnamon chips into a microwaveable bowl, heat for 1 minute and stir. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. If your chips are not melted at this point, continue heating and stirring in 30 second intervals until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour melted chips over cereal and toss until well coated.
- Scoop half of the cereal into each freezer bag and zip up. Shake each bag until the cereal is well coated.
- Pour the mix into a bowl and enjoy!