No, Birchbox is not something you can eat, but I think it’s so cool that I just have to post about it. I heard about Birchbox a month or so ago, and I decided to give it a try. In short, Birchbox is four to five hand-picked deluxe samples delivered to you for $10 per month. When you sign up, you fill out a beauty profile that asks questions about your skin, eye and hair coloring, as well as your beauty routine and your preferences. This way Birchbox can send samples specific to each person. Cool, huh?
My first box came on Wednesday.
Inside the box came six interesting samples. For more information about each, click on the links.
- Tea forte – Haven’t tried this yet, but the cherry marzipan sounds great!
- AHAVA Essential Day Mositurizer – Goes on smooth, but a little greasy. Smells amazing.
- Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien – Smells ok, but I’m not really a perfume person, so I will probably toss this.
- Color Club Neon Nail Polish – The shade I got is called Peace Out Purple. It’s a great color for spring, so once I wipe off my St. Patrick’s Day green, I’ll try this out. 🙂
- Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint – I like this a lot! It will be perfect for the summer when it’s too hot to put a ton of makeup on. It’s light and is a nice bronzy color.
- Orofluido Elixir – I LOVE this. Definitely my favorite sample this week! It’s a serum for your hair that I put in when my hair was slightly damp. It tamed and smoothed my hair without looking greasy, and it smells great. I will probably buy some of this when my sample runs out!
The Birchbox website is so easy to use, and you can purchase products right from them. When I got my box, I wasn’t sure when to put the Orofluido on my hair (wet? damp? dry?), so I hopped on birchbox.com and looked it up. There’s a product breakdown right there and a “How it Works” section, so I found everything I needed to know.
So far I’m very impressed with Birchbox and would recommend it to anyone who loves trying different beauty products. Plus, who doesn’t like getting packages in the mail!?
Can’t wait for April to get my next Birchbox!