Super Bowl Eats – Finger Salad
Today’s recipe isn’t so much a recipe as it is a technique. I have made this once before and was asked to bring it to our Super Bowl supper at my in-laws house. It’s cute, fun and delicious! Basically you make a salad, any kind you like, and stuff it into cooked jumbo shells. People love it!
Here’s what I made.
Italian Finger Salad
1 (12 ounce) package of jumbo shells
4 cups chopped romaine
2 small roma tomatoes (de-seeded and finely chopped)
3.5 ounces salami (diced)
3/4 cup Italian cheese blend
1/3 cup Italian dressing
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients except dressing. Set aside.
3. Once shells are done, drain and immediately rinse with cold water. Let shells cool and dry on a kitchen towel for 10 minutes. You want these to be dry before you stuff them or you’ll end up with soggy salad!
4. Once shells are dry, toss salad with dressing.
5. Stuff a spoonful of salad into each shell. Let set in the fridge for two hours before serving, so the flavors can meld.