Cheddar bay biscuits
Last night’s dinner was delicious! I made crock pot jambalaya from this recipe. It was spicy and filling. The perfect dinner for a chilly winter night!
To accompany the jambalaya, I made cheddar biscuits that tasted just like Red Lobster’s!
The cast of characters
2 cups biscuit baking mix
3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk — 1% fat
1 cup lowfat cheddar cheese — shredded
2 tablespoons margarine (I used yogurt butter)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 º F
2. Combine the baking mix, milk, and cheddar cheese in a medium bowl. Mix by hand until well combined.
3. Spoon 9-12 portions (depending on what size you want) onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten each biscuit a bit with your fingers.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to brown.
5. In a small bowl, combine the buttery spread with the garlic powder. Heat this mixture for 30 seconds in the microwave, then brush a light coating over the top of each biscuit immediately after removing them from the oven. Sprinkle parsley over the top of each biscuit.